401-403 First Street, Liverpool, NY 13088
JGB Properties is undertaking an extensive rehabilitation of this beloved historic building, which shapes the historic character of the Village.
Empire State Development Corporation has provided a RESTORE New York grant for this exciting project.
The building will have nine apartments, several of which have stunning views of Onondaga Lake, and two storefront commercial units.
Read more about the building’s history.
238 West Division Street, Syracuse, NY 13204
JGB Properties purchased this building in 2008 to use for its offices. Renovation of the building will be complete in Spring 2009.
The building, constructed in 1923, is situated between Franklin Square and the Inner Harbor.
It was originally constructed as a firehouse. In a show of respect to the building’s past, the interior design includes installation of a genuine brass fire-pole; the original circular holes remain in ceilings and floors.
Samples of historic and current fire hoses will be hung in a lighted display case in the drying tower; this is a playful, symbolic nod to JGB Enterprises, which for more than thirty years has been a leading supplier of hoses and hose assemblies for commercial and military applications, including fire protection, worldwide.
7567 Oswego Road, Liverpool, NY 13090
JGB Properties purchased these 2.1 acres of raw land on Route 57 in 1998 and developed this 14,352 square foot retail strip center.
Following construction in 2000, JGB Properties leased all of the retail units, most of them to national or regional chains. Starbucks was the prime tenant; this was Starbucks’ second location in the Syracuse area.
JGB sold the property in 2004.
758 and 922 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, NY 13209
Recognizing the growing demand for housing for middle-income seniors, Jay Bernhardt, in partnership with Jake McKenna and Tom Sciuga, developed Snowbird’s Landing in two phases between 2003 and 2005, following the partners’ purchase of over 14 acres of raw land and successful efforts with the Town of Geddes to establish the project as senior housing.
A total of 72 apartments in three buildings were fully leased within three months of the completion of construction. The partners sold the properties in 2005.
Since its establishment in 1977, JGB Enterprises has grown and expanded enormously as a result of Jay Bernhardt’s entrepreneurial leadership.
It now employs 220 people, 200 of whom are in Central New York. Over the past thirty years, it has acquired and developed property to meet business expansion needs; JGB Properties staff members have handled the acquisition, development and management of many of these properties. Read more
137 Main Street, Richfield Springs, NY 13439
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the West Main Street Historic District, Richfield Springs, JGB Properties acquired this building in 2004. At the time, it was in total disrepair.
Once stunningly beautiful, it had become an eyesore. JGB Properties undertook an extensive gut renovation of the interior and painstakingly restored the exterior of the building to its former glory, complete with the replacement of the clapboard siding, roof arch and parapet, using archived photographs.
134 Main Street, Richfield Springs, NY 13439
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the West Main Street Historic District, Richfield Springs, this Queen Anne style building was constructed in 1886.
By the time JGB Properties purchased it in 2002, it was in a state of sore disrepair. JGB undertook an extensive rehabilitation in 2003. JGB’s work was certified by the State Historic Preservation Office and nominated for an Otsego 2000 Historic Preservation Award.
140 Main Street, Richfield Springs, New York 13439
JGB Properties acquired this building in 2001 and fully renovated it in 2002. It is the home of the Richfield Springs Mercury, the local weekly newspaper.
The newspaper had served the community for over 100 years, but had not been published for decades when Jay Bernhardt began publishing it again in 2003.
The office building is occupied by employees of Mercury Media Group, JGB Properties and JGB Enterprises.
As of 4/9/09, The Mercury of Richfield Springs has taken a leave from publishing
its physical newspaper. However, The Mercury will continue to maintain its
website for the local community. To view an article and video about the last
day at The Mercury, click
Located on a small island between the Seneca River and the Erie Canal, in the heart of the quaint village of Baldwinsville, The Red Mill Inn offers the tranquil serenity of flowing waters.
A former gristmill built in 1828, its warm, cozy Arts & Crafts interior celebrates the historic nature of the building.
Jay Bernhardt and Jake McKenna purchased the dilapidated property in 2005, when its future was still in question.
Incorporating original wood beams and many “green,” energy-efficient technologies, they developed it into a beautiful, charming 32-room hotel, with meeting and event space that can accommodate 150 people.
Seneca Falls, NY
Seneca Falls is in the heart of New York State wine country and is home to The National Women’s Hall of Fame and many other historic sites. Its most beloved and famous hotel, the grand old Gould Hotel, had been closed for several years when Jay Bernhardt decided to buy it and give it new life.
Overwhelming community support facilitated a financing agreement with the Seneca County Industrial Development Agency and the Seneca Falls Savings Bank and Tompkins Trust Company.
The red brick, four-story exterior resembles the original 1920s hotel, but the new interior is modern and sophisticated, with bold colors and modern design elements.
The hotel has 48 rooms, including several suites, and a restaurant, bar and banquet facilities. It is likely to become a celebrated destination spot for local residents, business travelers and tourists.